Monday, April 24, 2017

Bands

I've been looking into starting a band with some friends. Hey, what's so funny? I am. OK, so I've been thinking about the wonderful thing called procrastination. We've actually wanted to do it for a while, but we really haven't done anything about it. This is something I really want to do, so I need to figure out how to motivate my friends to help us get started. It's just a name so far, and that's not really what I was hoping to have after so long, and even then, the name is in question at this point. I've realized that if anything is going to be done, I'll have to do it. My plan was to play guitar, so I'm going to push myself to play my guitar more often. I signed up for guitar next school year too, so that should help me with the basics. Every time I think "We can start once I start lessons" I push it aside. Pushing it aside won't get a band started. I've also encountered another problem. I have no talent composition category, so I can't write music. Not to say I don't try. I do my best, it just never turns out. That's why I set another goal for myself. I need to get more familiar with music, and how it's composed. What am I really doing when I play, and how does it work? Stuff like that. I don't want to look back one day and say "man, we should have followed through with that." I want to be able to look back and say "we really gave it our all, and I'm glad I did this."
I love music, and I think this will be a good way to be closer to the art, and my friends.
Thanks for reading this rant, and have yourself a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment