Thursday, April 6, 2017

Music

I've been talking a lot about hobbies, so I think I want to change gears just a little bit. I think I'd like to talk a little bit about music.
Music is extremely influential in my life, and I've noticed it changing the way I think in certain situations. Maybe I'm listening to a song that's giving off a more "sad day" feel while I'm doing the dishes. It changes my attitude and makes it seem more negative. Whereas, If I'm listening to a more upbeat and happy song, I may even enjoy doing the dishes. It's definitely an interesting concept, and I'd love to hear what you have to say about this.
Another thing I've noticed during my listening time is correlations made to events. Let's say I'm mowing the lawn, blasting Worlds Collide (feat. Nicki Taylor) as loud as I can into my ears. The next time I mow the lawn, that song will be playing in the back of my head, and it will also give me that mood change I talked about earlier. For a while, my mood on mowing the lawn will be ecstatic, as opposed to the normal melancholy of doing a chore.
What I'm trying to say is that music has a huge effect on our mental state, so watch what you're listening.

Just because I can, here's a few of my current favorite songs (they change frequently):
-Heart Shaped Hologram by Stephanie Mabey
-Monsters of the North by The National Parks
-The Nights by Avicii
-Tropic Love by Diviners
-Valentine by Train
-Why Am I the One by Fun.
-All Alone by Fun.
-Alone by Alan Walker
-Nice Guys by Ryan Higa

Feel free to check those out, and thanks for checking this out! Have yourselves a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment