Friday, April 28, 2017

Healthy Arguments

Our teacher recently discussed healthy arguments with our class. A healthy argument is productive, and everyone involved is willing to hear the other side out.
An unhealthy argument can have the following symptoms:
-Yelling
-Personal verbal attacks
-Talking over each other
-Making up statistics
And much more.
Unhealthy arguments get nothing done. Before class started, my teacher had overheard a debate I was having on feminism. She, at this time, brought it up, and asked me what my views were. We had a good healthy debate for a full 20 minutes, and I can say that we both came out being more understanding towards the other side. I definitely benefited from that debate, and I'd like to have more like it. These debates are productive, and sometimes even enjoyable.
Make sure you watch how you're speaking and what you're saying. Try to be understanding. The person you're talking to will generally be more open to your ideas.
Thanks for reading, and have yourselves a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment