Monday, April 3, 2017

Poetry

Everybody loves a good poem, and I've been really getting into poetry lately. I've noticed it's a good way to release, or transfer, intense emotions onto paper. I've definitely been enjoying writing, so I felt I'd share one of my poems. Let me know if you like it!

Saving Grace
Enter a time
Of utter strife
For our dear hero.

Unsure of how to approach
This catastrophe,
He looked around
For helping hands.

Finding none,
He fell on his knees,
And began to weep.

Out of hope,
Out of luck,
And out of tears.

In the distance he saw
His saving grace,

One last chance
To quench this beast.
One last chance
To defeat the horror.
One last chance
To be free.

Standing up,
He wept once more.
Hope in his eyes,
Luck on his side,
And release in his mind.

This time of strife,
He could now come through.
The test of his life,
He could now do.

His saving grace
Smiled softly,
Lighting up his eyes.


With a new surge of confidence,
He charged.
No fear
No pain
No anticipation.

Only the will to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment